- Commercial Cookery
- Hospitality (Food and Beverage) Management
- RPL (Recognition Prior Learning)
- Corporate Training
Want to be a more specialised celebrity chef? Join us here in Certificate III in Patisserie. Throughout this course students will learn how to craft exceptional Cakes, Gateaux, and Tortes as well as standard pastries. These essential skills will be complemented by the instruction in other cornerstone skills of patisserie artistry such as marzipan and petit fours.
Experienced patisserie chefs will guide you through the fundamental knowledge required to master the art of pastries and yeast based baked goods.
SIT31016 Certificate III in Patisserie
CRICOS Code: 093808A | ID: SIT31016 | Eligibility: International Students | Duration: 1 year (52 weeks) divide into 4 terms or 6 months divide into 2 terms |
Study unit: Total of 24 units | Study: Full-time study with min. 20 hours per week
This course is 90% practice based with the remaining 10% completed in classroom. It covers the preparation of Gateaux, Tortes, and cakes and pastries using very delicate equipment and learning the fine art of sculpting cakes and pastries. This course can be completed in 12 months or 6 months. A student can do 6 months if they have completed a Certificate III in Commercial cookery or previous equivalent credits. Students who complete this course are in demand as Pastry chefs in leading hotels.
Course pathway: Certificate IV in Patisserie or Cert IV in Commercial Cookery
SIT40716 Certificate IV in Patisserie
CRICOS Code: 095106D | ID: SIT40716 | Eligibility: International Students | Duration: 0.5 year (26 weeks) divide into 6 months divide into 2 terms |
Study unit: Total of 10 units | Study: ull-time study with min. 20 hours per week
After completion of Certificate III Patisserie a student can study a further six months in Certificate IV Patisserie. This training builds on the skills already learned but is now more theory and classroom based with opportunities to plan and execute real themed events and to learn how to evaluate statistics, identify issues and enhances leadership and management skills. Further studies in workplace practice, environmental issues and how to manage conflicts in the work place prepare student for a job as a restaurant or café manager or to manage a discreet part of a hotel’s operations.
Course pathway: Diploma of Hospitality