COVID-19 Update

Updated self-isolation requirements

From 1.30pm 24 March 2020, anyone arriving in Western Australia from other Australian States and Territories or overseas must self-isolate for 14 days.

This means all students and staff members cannot come on campus for 14 days if they have returned from other Australian States and Territories or overseas.

Anyone who has been informed by public health authorities that they have been in close contact with a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19), must also isolate themselves for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case. 

If this is you, please notify student services immediately to advise you will be in isolation period, and confirm the date/s and location/s of your travel. 

Course delivery mode from 6th April

We have successfully set up multiple blended learning platforms for all students to continue their study. From 6th April, trainers are doing theory delivery through Zoom and Futura, which provide face-to-face contact online while we practice social distancing. All sessions have been recorded, and students can access them anytime from their own homes. An interactive student portal, accessible through our website is made available for all students.   

We look forward to providing a new and exciting educational experience for all Empyrean students. Our staff are committed to making sure that students’ learning experience is dynamic, interactive and supported. 

Minimising the risk for you and others

Campus remains open and all staff members are available through emails or phone calls. We encourage staff and students to maintain healthy hygiene and social distancing.

  • Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds using soap and water or alcohol based gel
  • Cover your mouth/nose when you cough or sneeze using a tissue or flexed elbow
  • Stay at home if you are sick, don’t go to work or school if you have symptoms
  • Avoid shaking hands or making other unnecessary physical contact with others
  • Avoid close contact with others, try to keep at least 1.5 meters away

If you have cold or flu-like symptoms and/or are concerned that you may have been in contact with some who has, or if you become unwell and think you may have symptoms of Coronavirus, seek medical attention. Tell your doctor about your symptoms, travel history and any recent close contact with someone who has or may have Coronavirus.

Further information and assistance

The Australian Government Department of Health website  has up-to-date healthcare and medical information. 

The Health Direct website  has frequently asked questions, and a symptom checker. 

For details regarding travel restrictions and international travel, visit the Home Affairs website . There is also information available on the Smart Traveller website .

COVID Clinics are now open — visit the HealthyWA website  for details.

For free advice and assistance, call the Australian Government’s Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.

Additional student support

Upon the closure of the hospitality industry, we understand that some of you might have lost your jobs. We want to reassure you that the college is here to offer more support in terms of your tuition payment. Our accounts department will assist you with financial alteration applications. We are prepared to provide suitable instalment plans so that you can better manage your finances and relieve some stress from you. Please come forward with your concerns, and we are here to help. You can contact the accounts department via

We will be providing some job search services to all of you during this challenging time.

Effects of COVID-19 on Australia Migration visa conditions and application process and the alternative solutions for it

Please be mindful of your visa conditions. It is important to maintain your course progress, attendance through online platform and fee obligations.

You MUST apply for another visa to stay lawfully in Australia if your current visa is expiring soon. Department of Home Affairs will NOT automatically extend your visa duration. Please contact your Registered Migration Agent for a consultation if needed.

For more information, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.